Monday, June 6, 2011

This is Your Brain on Veggies...

As some of you may know I have been on Weight Watchers for the past 6 months (ok on and off for 15 years but lets not beleaguer THAT point) I'm not afraid to admit that though I LOVE my curves and would want to have them at ANY size, I wouldn't mind reducing a little. That said, in the first 4 months on the new PointsPlus program I lost 30 lbs! Then had a bit of a breakup and have been plateauing for the past 2 months...

So in an effort to regroup, reset, and resize I decided to try going vegetarian for the month of June! I was inspired by a tweet by GOOD which dared anyone to try going vegetarian for the month.

It isnt really as hard as it seems (Im not trying to go vegan... I'd never survive!) And, aside from getting rid of 3 links of chicken sausage, I havent had any meat this month. Yes, I am aware that it is only 6 days in... But I have already lost the 8 lbs I gained last week and have saved money to boot!

On a vegan note however I am looking forward to getting rid of some aging bananas in my fridge with this recipe for Vegan Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies by my friends over at Sunday Treats!

Have you ever tried going veg? What were your experiences? Any favorite websites/tips? 

PS here are some crowd sourced tips from the people over at GOOD

2 comments:

  1. Im going to try this and go green for a month too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Let me know how it goes! I lost 9.4 lbs since starting sooo... WOOT!

    ReplyDelete