Thursday, April 11, 2013

I have a confession to make...


In December 2012 I had a gastric bypass. This may come as a shock to my fans but I hope this post will shed some light on my decision and not alienate any of my readers.

First I want to say that I am still a HUGE believer in loving yourself at any size, the fact that I had weight loss surgery DOES NOT change that. I also still LOVE my curves and if on this journey I lose them I will be very sad indeed. 

So this is why I made this decision. After many years of struggling to lose weight and succeeding only to gain it all back I was frankly just tired of the yo yo. But more importantly, both of my parents have Type 2 Diabetes along with myriad other health problems, I also have PCOS and a genetic blood disorder which extra weight can exacerbate. 

I hope my fans understand that my desire to dress and feel curvy and sexy at any weight, is and will always be true! I may be smaller now, but my curves are still in tact and my fashion sense remains. I am still a huge advocate of size acceptance and will continue to support plus size companies and initiatives. 

Now after all this confessing I'm sure you'll want to see before and after pictures!! It's been 16 weeks and I have lost 70lbs already! Also what this means for you is that I have a whole lot more clothes in sizes 18-22 that are up for grabs and need new homes!! More posts to come in the next week or so with great pieces to add to your wardrobe!

Thank you for standing by me through thick and thin (literally!) 

Curvaliciously yours, 

CD

Would you like me to update you on my progress? Are you considering the procedure and want to hear first hand what it's like? Ask me any questions in the comments section and I'll answer!

And now without further ado....


2 comments:

  1. I'm quite curious have you noticed any vocal changes with the weight coming off?? I'm not quite at the point of surgery at this point, but definitely needing to lose a significant amount of weight in the coming years and I'm concerned about how it may affect my voice. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually my voice became far more shimmery and I did not lose any vocal size. I would suggest taking some time to be sure everything is lined up and in place however because stamina can be affected, but assuming you take the time to do that you will be just fine!

    ReplyDelete